Prenatal Massage relieves many of the discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling).
Prenatal massage offers mental and physical benefits for the mother. It reduces stress hormones in your body and relaxes and loosen your muscles. A much needed pampering session for the mother.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints, helping with joint pain.
- Manages ordinary aches by releasing serotonin, your body’s natural anti-pain chemical
- Reduces swelling due to water retention.
- Encourages blood flow to stressed areas providing nutrients.
- Improves lymph circulation which detoxifies and removes metabolic waste
- Helps to relax and lift moods.
- Relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
How It Works
- Prenatal massages are adapted to accommodate the mother’s bodily changes. For e.g, you might lie on your side with the support of pillows and cushions.
- Suitable for clients after the 4th month of pregnancy.