A form of TCM massage therapy that stimulates energy flow in the meridians to restore the body.
Tui Na massage revolves around acupressure (applying pressure to acupoints). “Tui Na” literally means push and grasp. The therapist may knead, roll, press, and rub acupoints to release tension and blockages to improve flow of “Qi”. Works on releasing tight tendons, ligaments and muscles to improve the body’s defensive “Qi” (Wei Qi) and get the energy moving in the meridians and the muscles.
- Holistic approach that focuses on pain relief, tension relief and building body harmony at the same time.
- Enhances immunity.
- Targets acupoints.
- Targets areas of the body that show blockages and tension.
- Aims to restore healthy flow of “qi’ or energy in the body, for better health and wellness.
- Prevents blockages that can cause pain, swelling and build-up of toxins, leading to health problems.
How It Works
- The principle behind Tui Na is that healthy flowing Qi (energy) is essential for good health, poor flow of Qi causes blockages, poor circulation, soreness, aches and pains.
- Tui Na therapist massages acupoints and energetic meridian channels to stimulate “qi” flow and release ‘trapped’ energy. Proper energy flow leads to better health and wellness.
- Similar concept to acupuncture, except the therapist uses hands and fingers instead of needles.
- Tuina applies pressure to acupoints, meridians and groups of muscles or nerves, to remove blockages that prevent the free flow of Qi.
- Focus on creating harmony and balance in your body for better health.